Wellestein Mora Rodriguez International (WMR) represents both businesses which are newly arrived in Canada, and individuals who are seeking to give a new dimension to their professional lives.
WMR is in a position to give counsel, assistance, and representation in the following contexts:
• The transfer of an executive or a skilled worker into a Canadian (Québec) branch
• To obtain a work or a study permit in Canada
• To acquire permanent resident status
• To become a Canadian citizen
• To facilitate family reunions
Whether it be personal or economic, a successful immigration requires a global vision which will respond realistically to the short term and long term objectives of the client. Many parameters must be taken into account. The team at WMR will evaluate the plans and situation of candidates for immigration before preparing a complete diagnostic strategy which will lead to an informed decision and the putting into place of immigration procedures which are both adequate and well planned.
OUR IMMIGRATION SERVICES
The lawyers at WMR accompany their clients in order to accomplish their immigration plans according to the option which has been chosen.
The knowledge these lawyers possess of the federal and provincial immigration programs permit them to orient their client’s installation in Québec or other provinces in Canada.
Our lawyers can counsel you and represent you in relation to the following situations (among others):
- Work permits
- Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- Québec certificate of acceptance (CAQ Travail)
- LMIA exemptions
- LMIA-exempted offers of employment (Employer’s portal)
- Emplyer compliance
- Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holders (exemption code A75)
- Intra-company transferees
- Television and film production workers
- Performing artists
- Francophone mobility (outside of Québec)
- International Experience Canada (Working Holiday, Young Professionals and International Co-op/Internship)
- Open work permit for spouses or common-law partners
- Post-grad employment
- Post-doctoral Ph.D. fellows and award recipients
- Charitable or religious work
- Work permit exemptions
- Business visitors
- Canada-International Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA, CETA, GATS, CPTPP, etc.)
- Canada-International Non-Trade Agreements
- Study permits
- Québec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ Studies)
- Extension of Study permits
- Change of program of studies
- Change of educational establishment
- Temporary work permit as entrepreneur or self-employed worker
- Québec selection as Investor, Entrepreneur and Self-Employed Worker
- Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ)
- Declaration of interest (ARRIMA)
- Program of Québec experience (PEQ)
- Express Entry
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Start-up visa business class
- Comparative evaluation of diplomas
- Temporary Resident Visas (TRV)
- Prolonging of Visitor Records
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)
- Super Visa
- Sponsorship of spouse, common-law partner and conjugal partner
- Sponsorship of parents and grandparents
- Sponsorship of dependent children
- Assessment of admissibility to Canadian citizenship
- Application for citizenship
- Application for certificate of citizenship
- Restoration of status
- Implied status
- Humanitarian considerations
- Verification of status
- Residence obligation
- Inadmissibility due to past criminal activity
- Excessive demand on health services and on social services
- False representations
- Access to information
- Removal orders and other enforcement actions
Economic immigration matters will be handled by a team of professionals who are competent in legal, accounting, and tax aspects. Business plans will be established with the help of partners who understand the economic and industrial fabric of Quebec and of Canada.
Individuals will be assisted in obtaining the renewal or the modification of their conditions of stay in Canada and also the reuniting of their family.
WMR will also provide assistance to foreigners in their litigation disputes with Canadian immigration authorities not only to help them to enter the country, but also to permit them to stay in the country.
The lawyers at WMR will accompany entrepreneurs in their business plans (the creation or the acquisition of enterprises in Quebec) in order to permit them to obtain permanent residence and/or a work permit.
Foreign enterprises wishing to establish themselves in Canada or to send their workers to Canada will be given personalized service in order to facilitate their plans.
The lawyers at WMR have facilitated the entry of immigrants from around the world (French, Belgian, Swiss, Spanish, Cameroonian, Ivorian, Australian, Brazilian, Indian, Argentinian, Chilean, Peruvian, Colombian, Venezuelan, Costa Rican, Salvadorian, Honduran, Mexican, American, etc.…) and helped them to achieve their immigration plans.