EXPANSION TOWARD LATIN AMERICA: OUR PASSION
At Wellstein Mora Rodriguez International (WMR), we are very conscious of the importance of expanding business opportunities to emerging markets. Each day, we are asked to deal with challenges and obstacles facing enterprises who wish to expand their operations or their international transactions, particularly in Latin America. For this reason, we are careful to take time to understand the objectives of our clients, and to properly identify their need for legal advice.
We work closely with our clients in order to propose reasonable and effective solutions, based on our business knowledge and positive outlook. WMR will help you to realize your objectives, whatever the difficulties or the challenges presented by your plan for expansion.
If you need legal services in order to expand your operations in Latin America or in order to negotiate with clients or with suppliers from this region, WMR can help you to:
- Perform due diligence reviews
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Participate in public tenders
- Create and register subsidiary companies
- Accomplish financial transactions
- Comply with local regulations and obtain permits and licenses
- Realize your imports and exports
- Assure the mobility of your workforce
At WMR, our lawyers possess unique competence and experience as legal counsel in Latin America. They are often members of more than one bar, and have solid international training. They have precise knowledge of this region, having lived and worked personally in many Latin American countries. Moreover, our lawyers are multilingual. They work regularly in French, English, and Spanish, and in Portuguese as needed.
Given our two North American offices (Montreal and Washington DC), and our network of correspondents and local counsel in Latin America, we are well equipped to supervise and manage the expansion plans of our clients in an efficient manner in order to accomplish their business objectives, while assuring a high standard of professionalism throughout every project.
The lawyers at WMR have provided legal services to their clients in almost every country of Latin America and the Caribbean region, particularly:
- Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Ecuador, Guyana;
- Nicaragua, Guatemala, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, Belize;
- Cuba, Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Haiti, Saint-Martin, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands.